Brand Communications Assistant Manager (Digital)
In this role, you'll have the responsibility to manage and lead the digital strategy to reach 'in-market' customers whilst they are actively browsing and searching for a car. You will work with leading media and creative agencies to help shape our media and creative roadmap for digital and PPC. You will also build strong relationships with key partners such as Google, Haymarket, AutoTrader etc. to gain a deeper understanding of the market, implement key learnings and also be involved in the creation of new and immersive creative formats.
Purpose of Job:
- Manage and lead the ‘In-Market’ digital strategy with a strong focus on digital advertising and paid search. This includes reaching customers whilst they are actively browsing and searching for a car (‘in-market’ audience), building a media and creative roadmap for digital and PPC and undertstanding customer journeys.
- Manage marketing creative and media agencies, providing direction to support brand communications which support the achievement of KUK business objectives and the delivery of Plan S (Electrification Leadership).
- Manage brand level marketing activities with a focus on digital channels tailored at more targeted audiences. This includes the development and delivery of model launch campaigns, digital advertising.
- Support the Brand Communications Manager with budget setting, delivery of agreed display and programmatic plans and strategies, with the objective of delivering against agreed ‘Call To Actions’ to improve brand visibility and support model priorities.
· The core responsibilities include planning, leading and implementing ‘In-market‘ digital strategy for new cars including agency briefing, media investment, understanding customer journeys, production of digital and PPC creative materials, legal requirements, asset approval, timely delivery and agency budgetary management.
· A strong collaboration with the Social Media Manager and the Digital Marketing Manager is essential.
· Own the development of KUK digital plans (programmatic and PPC), creating detailed roadmaps, setting measurable KPI’s, monitoring analysing and optimising activity, achieving efficiencies, embracing test and learn (Post Campaign Analysis, Performance Reviews etc.) and implementing techniques to achieve maximum success.
· Be the `Digital‘ expert that keeps up-to-date with the latest digital trends and best practices and is the main point of contact with key partners (like Google, Haymarket, etc..) to gain a deep understanding of the market, implement key learnings and develop new and immersive creative formats.
· Manage the planning of ‘Paid Digital’ media to drive awareness, familiarity and nameplate equity, working closely with the BCM and the National media buying agency. Ensure activity is implemented according to timelines, within set budget parameters, for both creative development and media buying.
· Support the BCM to determine, develop and implement integrated brand and model communication strategies to support brand development and business priorities.
· Plan, lead and implement the ‘In-market’ digital strategy (creative development and media buying) for new cars including agency briefing, asset approval, legal requirements, timely delivery and agency budgetary management.
· Work with wider Marketing Team to support all MECA initiatives to provide greater prominence across digital and PPC to amplify awareness and to effectively communicate customer benefits (i.e. UVO connectivity, KiaCharge activation).
· Responsible for delivering Kia Europe model launch strategy, digital priorities and new model propositions. As and when required, liaise with Kia Europe to support the development of brand initiatives and new model launch campaigns, ensuring they are kept informed of KUK activity and aware of specific requirements and requests, in particular the digital and paid search area.
· Work with agency partners to localise assets received from Kia Europe to support UK activity, reflecting market specific requirements including approvals and timely and effective implementation.
· Support the BCM with the All-Agency Briefings and the collation of the European Light and Full Launch Plans, working closely with key agency partners.
· Play an influential role and work collaboratively with the wider Kia UK Marketing team to ensure the cascading of information across the business and ensure alignment across online and offline channels to improve performance.
· Drive and manage the Lead Generation Programme to identify and cultivate potential customers.
· Manage relevant supporting 3rd party agency teams, creative and media, to ensure production estimates and media buying is competitive and transparent.
· Evaluate agency performance on a quarterly basis and deliver required measurement and performance reports for Management and Executive Meetings.
· Manage the Digital budget and proactively forecast media/production costs to maximise opportunities (including reporting and forecasting spend on a quarterly basis).
Direct Reports: None
Main Interfaces (internal/external):
· KUK Marketing
· External Creative & Media Agencies
· KEU Marketing
· KUK Press & PR
· KUK Customer Quality
· External Publishers
Education & Experience
· Educated to degree or equivalent level
· Experience of the digital paid and programmatic channels (incl. PPC) from planning to activation is also desirable, as is knowledge of Adobe Analytics & SEO.
· Self-starter, demonstrating ability to take own initiative and lead projects.
· A strategic focus with the ability to see the overall vision but also drill down in to the operational detail, with the ability to work cross functionally.
· Ability to manage agencies and multiple projects simultaneously.
· Commercially astute – able to identify commercial opportunities within new media channels.
· Excellent Analysis and Planning skills with an ability to think creatively.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Highly numerate and PC literate. Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel is essential
· Organized with a high level of attention to detail.